Realignment within a district can have a profound impact is on military connected students and families. Last week, the Minot Public Schools, District #1 surveyed and selected priorities for an upcoming district realignment.
In my attendance to this meeting, the following includes the realignment priorities from MPS School Board, District #1 which were ranked by each board member. Please reference the video in the comments for how each school board member ranked the priorities below.
As a note, this ranking does not include priorities or feedback from the Minot AFB, District #160, School Board.
Minot Public Schools, District #1 Realignment Priorities:
- Close Elementary Schools with enrollment under 100 students and reassign staff
- Close middle schools with enrollment under 300 students and reassign staff
- Realignment of intervention programs
- Reduce Secondary Elective Course Offerings
- Building Fund Levy
- District Office Realignment
- Reduce District Online Subscriptions/Licenses
- Realignment of K-12 Enrichment Programs
- Eliminate low impact extracurricular positions
- Eliminate eCare Services
- Other (Board/Building/Department Recommendations)
As this is a developing situation and process, the Minot AFB School Liaison Office will ensure all stakeholders are informed on upcoming school board meetings of MPS, District #1 School Board and Minot AFB, District #160 School Board meetings.
Lastly, stakeholder feedback is essential for our Minot AFB students and families.
If there are questions or concerns, please email MAFB.firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, reach out to Minot AFB , District #160 School Board Members at: https://www.minot.k12.nd.us/…/mafb-school-board-19b4c7df