Even though information in this day and age is much easier to locate than in previous decades, there has still been the lingering annoyance about exactly how to find out what is going on, both on and off base. Information tends to be scattered amongst emails, multiple Facebook pages, and sometimes word of mouth by active duty members, which isn’t always reliable to make it back home (you spouses know what I mean).
At the Northern Sentry, one of our main goals is to connect the base populace with the local community, and we have been listening to what you need on how to do that. YOU can now go and find out at any time what is happening, all over base and all over town in ONE PLACE!
Officially introducing THE one and only online Community Calendar that represents both Minot AFB events and the City of Minot (and surrounding areas)!
THE Northern Sentry Community Calendar
No more will you spend your precious time scouring emails for one specific event or searching multiple social media pages to find events, it is all right here! https://northernsentry.com/calendar/.
Not only can you see absolutely EVERYTHING that is going on for the holidays (and beyond) YOU can add events too! Yep, you heard that right. The Community Calendar is for the community (that’s YOU!).
So, do you have a girl scout troop setting up cookie sales at the BX? Add it to the calendar!
Do you have a fundraiser car wash going on? Add it to the Calendar!
It’s so easy too. See the step-by-step guide below to see how it’s done, and get those events up and spread awareness to all!
Did we mention that adding events and checking out the calendar is completely FREE?
Go check out THE Community Calendar and be prepared to be amazed at how much there really is to do here. We can’t wait to see how this will further bring our communities together!
*THE Community Calendar is for events/happenings that are open to a wide audience, not a specific unit or squadron events. Events will also be on a public forum so please keep privacy and OPSEC in mind.
**All events are subject to approval
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR ADDING EVENTS:
- Go to https://northernsentry. com/add-edit-events-page/ (or go to the Northern Sentry Home page and choose the drop-down from the Calendar > Add Edit Event)
- For a first-time user, this will then bring up a screen for you to create an account. Accounts are required to help eliminate spam events and keep everything secure. Fill in the simple info to get your account up and going.
- Once logged in, you can add pertinent information about the event. The most important things to add are: Name of Event, Date/ Time, Short Description & Photo. (trust us, every event NEEDS a photo or it won’t be looked at)
- If you would like to add a link to your event then when a user clicks on the event it will take them directly to your link! So that’s pretty cool.
- Make sure and click Submit Event at the bottom of the page, and you’re done!
You can go to the Community Calendar page as it should update immediately on our website. You can go back at any time to edit the event as well. So EASY!